Balloon Hockey is a game that gets the kids moving and is perfect for a rainy day. Just a few items are needed for fun and feisty play!
- Balloons (please monitor for safety)
- A long cardboard tube for each child playing; the one shown is from wrapping paper
- A piece of cardboard for each tube that is approximately 8 by 6 inches, or however big you think it needs to be
- Tape – optional, packing tape is shown
- Large box, basket, or anything that will act as the goal
To make the hockey stick, cut two slits, approximately 3 inches long, down the sides of the paper tube:
Slide the piece of card board into the slits:
I put a couple of strips of packing tape along the bottom of the cardboard to make it a bit more sturdy.
Update: I’ve been using this at work and also put a strip of tape across the tube on both sides to secure it to the cardboard.
Smack the balloons to get them into the goal (which is the box, basket, or bag).
We are pleased to be linked to these fun and feisty sites!